This garlic bread is an easy-to-make homemade recipe made with freshly grated parmesan cheese, garlic, and herbs. It’s the best garlic bread recipe that you will ever eat!
Bread recipes are a staple at our house for every dinner! I love to use rolls too! Especially these soft, buttery rolls, these classic Texas Roadhouse rolls, or these yummy Asiago cheese rolls.
A Reader’s Review
Homemade Garlic Bread
My family can all agree on one thing as a side for dinner. Garlic Bread. It’s the go-to in our house, and I’m sure it is in many of your homes too! After all, who can resist that delicious garlic flavor mixed with cheese and a crispy outside edge?! Garlic bread is a delicious and easy side to make and one of the fastest things to go.
The thing that I especially love about this recipe is that it has a homemade garlic spread. So no matter what type of bread I have on hand, I can whip this up in no time. Garlic bread goes together with a LOT of meals, but I especially love it with some homemade lasagna or fettuccine! I know that there are a lot of garlic bread recipes out there but trust me when I say that you don’t want to miss out on this one!
Easy Ingredients in Garlic Bread
Homemade garlic bread is easier to make than you think! It only takes 7 ingredients and you will be all set and ready to make this. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- French Bread: You can make this from scratch or your cnan easily buy a loaf at the store!
- Butter: I like to use salted butter (it adds a great flavor!). If you take it out early and soften it to room temperature it will be much easier to mix and spread!
- Garlic Powder: You can’t make garlic bread without lots of garlic flavoring!
- Garlic Cloves: If you don’t have fresh garlic cloves then you can use minced garlic. ½ teaspoon equals about 1 clove.
- Italian Seasoning: You can buy this at the store or make this Italian seasoning at home!
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated parmesan cheese melts the best and tastes divine!
- Parsley: You will use this as a garnish on top!
How to Make Homemade Garlic Bread
This recipe is simple and easy and ready to eat in less than 20 minutes! It’s so delicious that you are going to want to keep this recipe on hand… You will be making it all the time!
- Preheat oven and cut the bread: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your French bread loaf lengthwise and place on top of a baking sheet.
- Make spread: In a small bowl combine softened butter, garlic powder, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and shredded cheese. Then, spread it evenly on each side of the garlic bread.
- Bake: Bake the bread in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the butter melts. You can also broil the top for 1-2 minutes at the end to give it a more crisp top.
- Garnish: Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Do I Need to Use Foil?
This homemade garlic bread can be cooked to be crispy or soft! For softer bread that is not as crispy on the outside, you can wrap your bread in foil. Just make sure the butter is completely melted on the inside.
How to Store Leftovers
If you make enough of this homemade garlic bread, you can have some for tomorrow’s dinner as well! Here is how you can easily store it and reheat it when you are ready!
- At Room Temperature: Garlic bread is best stored at room temperature. If it’s stored in the fridge then it can become hard and stale. It can be kept on your counter for 1-2 days.
- To Reheat: Wrap the garlic bread in foil and place it in your oven at 350 degrees. Then, warm it for 10-15 minutes or until it’s heated through.
The Best Homemade Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your French bread loaf lengthwise and place it on top of a baking sheet.
In a small bowl combine softened butter, garlic powder, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and shredded cheese. Spread evenly on each side of the garlic bread.
Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until butter is melted and bubbly. You can also broil the top for 1-2 minutes, in the end, to give it a more crisp top.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Origianlly Posted on September 5, 2019
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply