Texas trash dip is a classic warm bean dip that gets loaded with corn, olives, black beans, and ooey gooey cheese! This dip will be the hit at your next party!
Dips are the perfect appetizer for any game day, family party, or get-together! Try out some more tried and true favorites like this 5-minute dip, this crab dip, or this delicious ranch dip.
Texas Trash Dip
I don’t know about you guys, but I love football season. And let’s be honest. It’s not because of the football game! To me, football season is all about getting together with friends and eating delicious food! I mean, isn’t it all about the food and dips? Ok, maybe not to everyone, but still… The food is a big part of it, and this Texas trash dip is no exception! Dip it with your favorite tortilla chips, and you will not move from the couch until every last bite is scraped from that bowl!
I have no idea why this dip has the word trash in it! That word couldn’t put it farther from the truth because it’s basically a mixture that comes straight from heaven. It’s quick and easy to make and once you top it with that cheese that is all melted, well… Let’s just say that I will be shocked if you aren’t hooked after making one batch. We usually double or triple the recipe because it gets eaten SO fast.
Ingredients to Make Texas Trash Dip
This ingredients list is short, sweet, and to the point! Once you make it, it will become your go-to appetizer for a party or get-together! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cream Cheese: This starts your dip out with a thick texture.
- Sour Cream: Once you mix this in with the cream cheese then you have that creamy base to add all of your other ingredients to.
- Refried Beans: You can’t have a bean dip without some beans!
- Taco Seasoning: You can use store bought taco seasoning or use this delicious homemade taco seasoning recipe to take this dip to the next level!
- Mexican Cheese Blend: You will use some of this cheese in the dip and also on top!
- Optional Toppings: chopped cilantro, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado.
Let’s Make Some Dip!
This Texas trash dip is completely addicting and one of the best dips you will ever make. You will not regret making this dip, and it will be all of the rage at your next party!
- Soften and whisk: Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave the cream cheese and sour cream in large microwaveable bowl on high 1 minute or until the cream cheese is softened. Remove from microwave. Mix with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add Ingredients: Add refried beans, taco seasoning and 2 cups of the cheese; mix well.
- Spread into Pan: Spread bean mixture into 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Bake: Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.
Can You Cook Texas Trash Dip in a Slow Cooker?
Yes! Mix everything together, and instead of cooking it in your oven, put it in your crockpot and cook it on high for 2 hours. Then, top with additional cheese and your toppings!
How to Store Leftover Dip
This Texas trash dip can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge for about 3-4 days. When you are ready to eat it again then you can heat it up in your microwave. Just cook it for 30 seconds at a time until it’s warmed through!
Loaded Texas Trash Dip
- 1 ( 8 ounce package) cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (16 ounce cans) refried beans
- 1 package McCormick® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend divided
- chopped cilantro
- cherry tomatoes
- sliced avocados
Preheat oven to 350° microwave cream cheese and sour cream in a large microwaveable bowl on high for 1 minute or until cheese is softened. Remove from microwave. Mix with wire whisk until smooth.
Add refried beans, Seasoning Mix, and 2 cups of the cheese; mix well.
Spread bean mixture into a 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups of cheese.
Bake 25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.
Originally Posted on January 13, 2017
This post was sponsored by McCormick®. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply