Cranberry pecan brie bites are such an amazing appetizer! It has layered pecans, soft brie, and a dollop of cranberry sauce all cupped in a golden brown, flaky crescent roll!
If you love baking and cooking with pecans then you must check out my recipe my recipes for this cake, these cookies, and this delicious pecan wild rice pilaf. They are all made for pecan lovers like myself!
Cranberry Brie Bites
The perfect combination of sweet and savory appetizers is just what your holiday party needs! When my recipes call for nuts this holiday season then I make sure to choose the best quality available. Fisher Nuts are fresh right out of their shells and they are preservative-free, non-GMO, and naturally gluten-free! They are my go-to nuts when adding an extra soft crunch and flavoring to my recipes. With this cranberry pecan brie bites recipe, I knew I needed to add that extra touch with a sweet and savory pecan. It adds just the right amount of texture and pairs so well with the brie and cranberry sauce.
This is a MUST make holiday party appetizer! Your Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve parties just got better with this cranberry pecan brie bite recipe. Cranberry sauce layered over top melted brie all cupped together with a soft and flaky crescent roll dough. Then you add a sweet and savory pecan to the bottom layer and top it as a garnish with fig. Once you are finished then you have one AMAZING appetizer that everyone will love! Every bite is irresistible!
Ingredients to Make Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites
Nothing starts a party, special family gathering, or an everyday meal like the satisfying crunch from Fisher Nuts. Enjoy this easy-to-make cranberry pecan brie bites recipe this holiday season. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Crescent dough: This will be rolled out and cut into sections that will fit into a mini muffin pan.
- Fisher nuts chopped pecans: These are my favorite to use! They are a sweet and savory nut.
- Wheel of brie: Any brie will work for this. It will be the star of the recipe!
- Cranberry sauce: Keep it simple and purchase a can of cranberry sauce! Or, if you are feeling up for it, make this homemade Cranberry Sauce instead!
- Sprigs of Rosemary: You can use these on top for a pop of color for garnish.
How to Make Brie Bites
This cranberry pecan brie bite recipe is simple to make and only has a few ingredients. It’s a tried and true recipe that you will want to make over and over again throughout the holiday season!
- Prepare the crescent dough: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a floured surface roll out the crescent dough and pinch the seams. Then, cut the dough into 24 equal squares. In a mini muffin tin add the dough and press into each cup.
- Layer ingredients: Add pecans to the bottom and then cut brie into small slices and press on top. Top with a dollop of cranberry.
- Bake and add more pecans on top: Bake until they are golden for 15 minutes. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and sprinkled pecans.
All About Pecans
In case you didn’t know, pecans have a lot to offer when it comes to health benefits! Here are a few fun facts about pecans!
- “Pecan” comes from the Native American word “paccan,” which means a nut with a shell so hard it must be cracked with a stone.
- Indigenous to the South Central U.S. and Northern Mexico, Pecans are one of the newest domesticated major crops, with commercial production beginning in the 1880s. Today, consumers enjoy more than 500 varieties of this delicious, flavorful nut, both as a snack and an ingredient in cooking and baking recipes.
- They are a good source of fiber per 30-gram serving, which contains 21 grams of fat!
- A 30-gram serving contains 21 vitamins and minerals, and is an excellent source of manganese and copper
- A 30-gram serving is also a good source of thiamin (Vitamin B1)
Why Fisher Nuts?
If you’ve been following me for some time then you know that I’ve been partnering with Fisher for years to bring you amazing, unique recipes. Fisher Nuts are a wonderful way to add flavor and texture to any dish.
- They’re now available on Amazon too which is so convenient. http://bit.ly/FisherChefsNaturals.
- They’re preservative-free and non-GMO!
- Their focus on quality sets Fisher® apart from other brands.
- They have cultivated relationships with the best American farmers for nearly a century, providing only the highest quality nuts.
Check out their site to get a glimpse of their trusted storage, inspection, and packaging processes that ensure complete farm-to-shelf freshness!
How to Toast Pecans
I can’t get enough pecans in these cranberry pecan brie bites! Pecans are hidden on the bottom layer and then there is an extra sprinkle of pecans to the top. If you are wanting a more toasted pecan taste then here is a step-by-step recipe that is simple to use and only takes minutes.
- Preheat: Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Melt butter: Melt butter in a microwave safe dish in your microwave or use a small saucepan on the stovetop.
- Coat pecans: Evenly coat the pecans in the melted butter.
- Spread on baking sheet: Spread out the butter-coated pecans out on a non-stick cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake: Put the cookie sheet in the oven and thenwatch the pecans closely while they toast.
- Toss: Toss the pecans once or twice while they are toasting. This allows for even toasting.
- Continue baking: Toast the pecans until they are crisp and aromatic. This will usually take about 10 to 15 minutes.
Tips for Making Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites
- Cool: If you like an added flavoring to your pecans be sure to toast them. Wait for the nuts to cool before chopping. This will prevent them from getting pasty and oily.
- Nuts: Try adding other variations of Fisher nuts instead of pecans.
- To chop: Use a larger knife to chop the nuts. It’s easier to gain control over them that with a smaller knife. If you don’t have a large knife then you can coarsely chop nuts without a knife by tapping the closed bag with the bottom of a small sauté pan to break the nuts up.
- Puff pastry: If you don’t have a crescent dough you can use a puff pastry for this recipe.
Storing Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites
- Can you make them ahead of time? Yes! This is great to make ahead of time before your party! Simply make and bake your bites. Then place them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours. If you like to serve them warm, place in the oven for 5 minutes to warm them up before serving.
- Freeze Them: Bake the bites and let them cool. Add them to an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 week before serving. When ready to serve, reheat in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until warmed through.
Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites
- 1 (8 ounce) tube crescent dough
- 1/2 cup Fisher Nuts Chopped Pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel of brie
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- sprigs of rosemary for garnish
Add pecans to the bottom and cut brie into small slices and press on top. Top with a dollop of cranberry.
Bake until they are golden for 15 minutes. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Originally Posted on November 22, 2019
The Recipe Critic