These delicious copycat Red Lobster cheddar biscuits are better than the real thing! Warm, buttery, and ready in 20 minutes!
Tasty biscuits are the perfect addition to any meal. Need more Red Lobster-inspired deliciousness? Try out my scampi, chowder, and a reader-favorite lobster tail!
Easy Homemade Biscuit Recipe
Cheddar Bay biscuits are easily one of the best things on Red Lobster’s menu. They’re warm, soft, and buttery with the perfect savory flavor. I swear I could eat 100 of them in one sitting! With the delicious baked cheddar flavor and garlic butter glaze on top, how can you resist? These biscuits just melt in your mouth. I’m always debating whether or not to go pick some up to serve with dinner. Then I thought, why not just make them at home? Homemade rolls always taste better than anything you can buy, so I thought the same would go for these bad boys.
And let me tell you- these are the best biscuits that I have ever had! When I had my first bite, I was blown away! And the best part is- they are totally foolproof! Anyone can make them. My 13-year-old makes these all the time. They bake perfectly and have the most delicious cheesy garlic flavor packed into each biscuit. I am warning you. You will want to eat the entire batch yourself. Don’t pass this recipe up! I would make them every meal from now on if I could! Whether you serve them up with seafood, pasta, or just want to eat them on their own, these copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits are sure to please! And if you want to recreate more staple dishes from your favorite restaurants, check out my list of copycat recipes here!
Ingredients for Copycat Red Lobster Biscuits
Making copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits only requires a few simple ingredients! I love that I can recreate the amazing flavor and texture of these biscuits with just pantry staples. Your family is going to go crazy over them!
- All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour works great for giving your biscuits a nice, fluffy structure.
- Sugar: Adding a bit of sugar to your biscuit dough balances the flavor.
- Baking Powder: For a biscuit that is airy and flaky, baking powder is key!
- Garlic Powder: Garlic is a must for that perfect savory flavor in your Cheddar Bay biscuits!
- Salt: Enhances overall flavor.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is what makes these biscuits so rich and soft! You can use storebought, but I always like making mine from scratch! It’s super easy!
- Butter: I use unsalted butter in my biscuit dough. Since we’re adding salt and garlic powder, I don’t want my butter to make the biscuits too salty.
- Cheddar Cheese: Shredded cheddar cheese is going to give your biscuits the most amazing flavor! Perfectly savory and sharp.
Garlic Butter Topping
- Butter: Melted butter is the base for your biscuit glaze. Tastes great, too!
- Garlic Powder: A little garlic powder brushed on top of your biscuits makes all the difference! Each bite is packed with flavor.
- Fresh Parsley: Finely chopped parsley is the perfect aromatic finishing touch. It adds a hint of peppery, fresh flavor.
Making Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Making these biscuits is beyond easy! Only 10 minutes of prep and 10 minutes in the oven give you warm, flavorful biscuits you won’t be able to get enough of! Gives you more time to focus on making a tasty entrée. Garlic salmon and cajun garlic butter cod are some of my favorites!
- Preheat Oven, Prep Baking Sheet: Let’s make some biscuits! First, preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix Dough Ingredients: Then, in a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk together the melted butter and buttermilk. Combine with the dry ingredients until incorporated. It will make a thick dough. Fold in the cheddar cheese.
- Form Biscuits: Next, measure out each biscuit in a ¼ cup measuring cup. The measuring cup worked great for packing the dough into the cup and spooning the dough out onto the baking sheet. It made perfect round biscuits.
- Bake: Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown.
- Brush Glaze on Top: To finish up, combine garlic butter topping ingredients and brush onto each biscuit.
Cheddar Biscuit Tips and Tricks
Here are my suggestions for customizing your biscuits to perfection! You are going to absolutely love these! My family can never get enough when they’re around.
- Cheeses: Cheddar is a classic addition in this recipe, but you can mix and match other cheeses to your liking! I love switching these up with fresh parmesan or gouda. For a little kick, add shredded pepper jack!
- Additional Flavors: If you want a bit of heat in your biscuits, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to your dough! And if you are a lover of fresh herbs like me, add a little Italian seasoning to your butter glaze! This is my personal blend of basil, oregano, marjoram, rosemary, and thyme. I love the aromatic, flavorful finish it adds to the biscuits.
What Can I Serve Cheddar Biscuits With?
The sky is the limit! These tasty biscuits work well as a side for basically anything. My personal favorite way to serve them is alongside seafood, pasta, and chicken. For a complete meal, serve these biscuits with your favorite pasta, grilled salmon, and a side salad!
Storing Leftover Biscuits
These buttery biscuits are perfect for storing, reheating, and freezing for the perfect anytime snack!
- At Room Temperature: This is my preferred way of storing them. Keep your biscuits in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap for 3-4 days.
- Reheating: Pop individual biscuits in the microwave for 10-15 second intervals untili warm. For bigger batches, wrap biscuits in foil, place on a baking sheet, and warm at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes.
- Freezing Rolls: Both unbaked and baked rolls can be frozen. Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Garlic Butter Topping:
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk together the melted butter and buttermilk. Combine with the dry ingredients until incorporated. It will make a thick dough. Fold in the cheddar cheese.
Measure out each biscuit in a ¼ cup measuring cup. The measuring cup worked great for packing the dough into the cup and spooning the dough out onto the baking sheet. It made perfect round biscuits.
Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown. Combine garlic butter topping ingredients and brush onto each biscuit. Makes 11 biscuits.
Originally Posted on May 2, 2014
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply