Cinnamon roll monkey bread is the easiest pull-apart dessert! It is amazingly soft, warm, and layered in decadent icing.
Monkey bread is a favorite in my family with how ooey-gooey and soft it is. Try out my traditional caramel monkey bread, pumpkin sweet potato bread, and cinnamon apple bread for more warm, sweet goodness that your family will go crazy over!
Easy Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Recipe
This incredibly easy dessert is every cinnamon roll lover’s dream! It’s perfect for events, parties, holidays, and also the midnight sweet treat craving. With less than 20 minutes of prep and super simple ingredients, there is no reason not to make this indulgent treat! In this recipe, we use prepackaged cinnamon rolls as a base to make your life a little easier. No need to make homemade icing either! I just scoop out the prepackaged icing, heat it up, and drizzle it on top. It’s so easy but so extremely delicious! However, what is really going to enhance this recipe is the cinnamon sugar butter mixture that we pour on top of the rolls to achieve maximum sweet, ooey-gooeyness.
The added cinnamon sugar really makes this cinnamon roll monkey bread pop. This is a dessert that my family always requests; they say it tastes better than traditional cinnamon rolls! It always gets eaten so quickly, and for good reason! You are going to love how soft, warm, sweet, and perfectly spiced the end result is. Honestly, you won’t want to make cinnamon rolls any other way! And if this isn’t enough to satisfy your cinnamon sugar craving, cinnamon sugar rhubarb cake, churro cheesecake, and snickerdoodle bars are other favorites of mine that you should most definitely try!
What You Need to Make Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
You can level up store-bought cinnamon rolls with just a few extra pantry staples! With simple ingredients like cinnamon, sugar, and butter, no grocery trip is needed to make this soft, decadent bread! Measurements for each ingredient can be found below in the recipe card.
- Large Prepared Cinnamon Rolls: I like to use Grands Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing, but you can use any variety of prepackaged cinnamon rolls you like! Just make sure that they are large.
- Granulated Sugar: Needed for adding sweetness to your cinnamon sugar base.
- Cinnamon: This is the key ingredient for getting that perfect sweet spice!
- Butter: In this recipe I use unsalted, melted butter. It helps keep your bread moist with a perfect rich flavor.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar adds a delicious rich sweetness to your bread.
- Vanilla Extract: Added to enhance and deepen flavor. As always, I recommend using pure vanilla extract if you have it! It makes a difference in the overall taste of your baked goods.
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
Making cinnamon roll monkey bread is as easy as it gets. This is the perfect dessert for busy moms! You are going to love the end result. It is so perfectly soft, warm, and cinnamony! Additionally, it makes your kitchen smell incredible which is an added perk.
- Prep Pan and Preheat Oven: To begin, spray a large bundt pan well with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cut Cinnamon Rolls Into Pieces: Next, open the cans of cinnamon rolls and set aside the frosting. Cut each roll into quarters.
- Make Cinnamon Sugar Mixture: In a medium bowl, mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon together and then toss the cinnamon roll pieces in the sugar until evenly coated.
- Mix Remaining Ingredients Together: In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Layer Rolls and Add Butter Mixture: Next, layer half of the coated cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of the bundt pan and pour half of the brown sugar mixture over them. Add the rest of the cinnamon roll pieces in an even layer and pour the rest of the brown sugar mixture over them.
- Bake: Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the center of the rolls are cooked through and not gooey.
- Let Cool: Before flipping the pan onto a cake stand or a plate, remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Prepare Icing: Lastly, transfer the icing from the containers they come in into a small bowl and heat for about 10-15 seconds in the microwave. Then, use a spoon or spatula to drizzle the icing over the cake and serve. It is best enjoyed warm!
Tips for Making the BEST Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
This dessert is a tasty twist on traditional monkey bread! It is also quick and easy, especially since we use premade cinnamon rolls. The end result is anything but ordinary and has the crave-worthy cinnamon flavor you will love. With these easy tips and tricks, you can take your bread to the next level!
- Large Cinnamon Rolls: Use large cinnamon rolls if possible. This is crucial to getting the amount of rolls in this bundt cake correct. Look for the “Grands!” on the packaging to make sure you’re getting the large ones.
- Cooking Spray: Bundt pans can be tricky sometimes. If you are having a problem with your bread sticking to the sides of your pan, look for a cooking spray that’s designed for baking and contains flour in it. To add, be sure to spray the entire inside of the pan, including the center.
- Icing: For the easiest icing, use the premade one that comes in packaged cinnamon rolls. It can be easily warmed and drizzled on the rolls. The Grands Cinnamon Rolls typically come with either cream cheese icing or traditional icing. Either will be delicious with this recipe!
- Variations: There are often different flavors of premade cinnamon rolls available. As long as they are the large size, try out some different kinds like orange rolls! You can also add chopped apples, pecans, or raisins in to the brown sugar mix to add some texture. Drizzling homemade caramel sauce on top is also delicious! It creates the most sticky sweet version of this bread.
How to Store Your Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
This monkey bread is best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but you can store and enjoy it for a few days after! I like to pop leftover monkey bread in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to get that perfect, warm texture.
- At Room Temperature: If you have made this recipe without cream cheese icing, then it is best stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days. If you have used cream cheese icing then it is not recommended to keep it at room temperature.
- In the Refrigerator: With the cream cheese icing, this can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
- In the Freezer: Freezing is not recommended with this monkey bread. Because of the amount of sugar in the recipe, it will melt and sweat as it defrosts and not be enjoyable once thawed and warmed.
Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- 2 cans of Large Prepared cinnamon rolls I like Grands Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Spray a large bundt pan well with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375°.
Open the cans of cinnamon rolls and set aside the frosting. Cut each roll into quarters.
In a medium bowl mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon together and then toss the cinnamon roll pieces in the sugar until evenly coated.
In a small bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
Layer half of the coated cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of the bundt pan and pour half of the brown sugar mixture over them. Add the rest of the cinnamon roll pieces in an even layer and pour the rest of the brown sugar mixture over them.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the center of the rolls are cooked through and not gooey. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before flipping the pan onto a cake stand or a plate.
Transfer the icing from the containers they come in into a small bowl and heat for about 10-15 seconds in the microwave. Use a spoon or spatula to drizzle the icing over the cake and serve. It is best enjoyed warm.
The Recipe Critic