BLT avocado pasta salad is fresh and crisp romaine lettuce tossed in bacon, tomato, pasta, and avocado. Topped with a creamy dressing and sprinkled with feta cheese this is one amazing salad!
BLT Avocado Pasta Salad Recipe
Last week we had a fun little gathering and I made this delicious BLT Avocado Pasta Salad. I put a little spin on the classic BLT and added some pasta and my favorite…. avocado! I love fresh and simple ingredients tossed with some pasta. The pasta adds a great texture and really brings everything together.
I was going to leave the salad as is but I added the avocado last minute and it added such a creamy and smooth texture to this amazing salad. It all gets tossed in a creamy and delicious dressing and you are going to love everything about it. This is perfect for you next potluck and everyone will be raving about this simple and fresh salad!
Ingredients in BLT Avocado Pasta Salad
You can guessed based on the title what is in this pasta salad but talking about it isn’t enough! You have GOT to taste it! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements of the ingredients.
- Pasta: I used bowtie pasta but you can use any pasta that you have on hand.
- Light Mayonnaise: It tastes the same as regular but is a little healthier so then you might as well use the light version.
- Milk: I used 1 percent milk.
- Dijon Mustard: The hint of mustard adds a great flavoring to this dressing.
- Garlic Cloves: You can use fresh garlic cloves or minced garlic. ½ teaspoon of minced garlic equals about 1 clove.
- Salt: This enhances all of the flavors in the dressing.
- Romaine: I like to chop up the romaine into smallas pieces.
- Bacon: Make sure that your bacon is cooked and crispy so that it can be chopped up nicely.
- Tomatoes: You can’t have a BLT without some tomatoes!
- Avocados: These diced avocados add such a creamy texture.
- Feta Cheese: I love Feta on salads. Really, because feta is so good, I love it on everything!
- Pepper: Sprinkle this pepper on to taste.
Let’s Make a Salad!
This BLT avocado pasta salad is super easy and tastes like a million bucks once it’s done. It has the best combo of flavors and it tastes so fresh with the tomatoes and lettuce. You’re going to love it!
- Cook Pasta: Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and then rinse them under cold water until cool.
- Make Dressing and Combine: In a large bowl whisk light mayonnaise, milk, dijon mustard, garlic and salt. Then, add the romaine, bacon, tomatoes and avocados. Toss lightly until coated. Sprinkle with feta cheese and then add some pepper (if desired) and serve.
Change a few things up on this BLT avocado pasta salad and you’ll have a whole new salad every time! Here are a few ideas that I have for you to try!
- Salad Dressing: You don’t have to use this dressing! If you want to make this easy just use some ranch that you have on hand and it will taste delicious too!
- Pasta: I used farfalle pasta (bowtie) but you could use penne, large elbo noodles or even some angel hair pasta! I use that in my california spaghetti salad and it works great!
- Vegetables: Change up the veggies! Add in some corn, some cucumbers, matchstick carrots, or peppers. Really, toss just about anything in that’s fresh and it will taste delicious!
Can I Make BLT Avocado Pasta Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes! Since pasta salads need time to chill and to allow the flavors to blend together, this pasta salad is a great one to make ahead of time. Once you have assembled the salad, put it in an airtight container. Store it in your fridge and it will last 3-4 days.
BLT Avocado Pasta Salad
- 8 ounce pasta (I used bowtie)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 lightly packed cups sliced romaine
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 2 Avocados diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
In a large bowl whisk light mayonnaise, milk, dijon mustard, garlic and salt. Add the romaine, bacon, tomatoes and avocados. Toss lightly until coated. Sprinkle with feta cheese and pepper if desired and serve.
Updated on June 22, 2022
The Recipe Critic